- REEF-SPEC® light output for optimal coral growth and coloration
- Homogenous light with a gentle shimmer
- Reef-safe dual-channel color setting plus dedicated moonlights
- ReefBeat® app for easy set-up, operation, monitoring and notifications
- Anti-glare recessed lens
Reef-safe PAR distribution
ReefLED is Reef-safe as it provides ideal PAR values throughout the aquarium, without hotspots or areas with insufficient light for coral growth. The PAR distribution map shows the actual PAR levels as they vary throughout the cross-section of the aquarium.
ReefLED Programs | PAR vs. PUR
Using PAR measurements only to determine light quality or compatibility of a specific light unit for coral photobiology can be misleading. The PAR measurement was developed to measure the Photosynthetic Active Radiation of plants that is within the visible light region (400 -700 nm).
The Photosynthetic Utilized Radiation or PUR that is relevant for optimal Zooxanthellae photosynthesis is between 360- 480 nm which starts outside the range of visible light (measured by PAR meters) in the UV region and continues into the blue part of the visible light range.
PUR cannot be measured directly but must be calculated by isolating the PUR wavelength intensity data for each wavelength from radio-spectrometer analysis.
The REEF-SPEC Blue channel of the ReefLED is 100% PUR so for this channel the PUR will actually be slightly higher than the measured PAR due to the UV wavelengths that the PAR meter cannot detect.
The 8000K White of the ReefLED has a strong blue peak in the PUR spectrum as well as wavelengths across the whole visible light spectrum and therefore has a PUR of 45% of its PAR.
The actual PUR output of the ReefLED will vary according to the combined settings of the Reef-Spec Blue and White channels.
- Please note: The Mounting arm are sold separately
- One interface for all of Red Sea’s smart devices.
- Easy set-up and operation.
- On-line monitoring and notifications.